Important….please read before you attend your hair appointments over the coming months. Policies are subject to review and change over these uncertain times and we thank you for your understanding and support..
It is important to revisit our website before each appointment
We will not put you, other guests or our team at unnecessary risk, so please read and comply with our simple guidelines of shared responsibility for your safety, so that your hair service can go ahead as scheduled.
Combers Guest Health check questionaire: Coronavirus (Covid 19)
The following questions may seem obvious to ask yourself but the answers to them can make a whole lot of difference to you, fellow guests and your hairdressing professsional, keeping us all safe. We ask you to, as we ask all our team to ask themselves these self screening questions before work each day. Everyone working at Combers Inside Out Hair Salon and Outside In Academy also perform Lateral flow tests twice a week as Combers Inside Out and Outside In are registered test centres.
You Must Self-isolate and not come in and reschedule your appointment if you have any symptoms of coronavirus (Covid 19). The main symptoms of Coronavirus are:
- High temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature).
- New, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or three or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual).
- Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
Most people with coronavirus have at least one of these symptoms.
- You are waiting for the result of a test for coronavirus.
- You have tested positive for coronavirus.
- You live with someone who:
- Has symptoms of coronavirus (COVID 19).
- Is waiting for a coronavirus test result.
- Has tested positive for coronavirus.
If the answer to any of these questions is Yes or I dont know please call Combers Customer service on 01823 334331 to reschedule
- We are sorry, but if you are late for your appointment it is likely we will have to reschedule it. Any late arrivals will have a knock-on effect on the next client’s appointment and the number of guests in the salon.
- We will be unable to accommodate anyone in the salon who is not booked in for a service.
- We request that you do not arrive too early for your appointment. No more than 5 minutes beforehand, as we have to keep numbers in the salon at a minimum.
- Please do not bring any unnecessary baggage or clothing. As we cannot share magazines with you please feel free to bring your own, or iPad for your own use.
- You will be asked to wait outside the salon and wait to be escorted in……chairs will be available in the courtyard. We will ensure your wait will not be too long and find alternate arrangements if it is raining.
- All guests with a colour appointment will by law be required to have either a AAT (Alergy alert test) before every colour appointment or purchase and have Combers send you a one off Colourstart medical patch test for you to apply yourself. To find out more about your options click here
- We respectfully request that all clients and visitors to the salon bring their own face mask or covering and wear before they enter the premises and throughout their hair service. If you are having a colour or technical service we suggest you wear a disposable one because of the close proximity to your hair it will be difficult for you to avoid getting it stained. This is now Compulsory for guests entering hair salons extended from retail to guests recieving hair and beauty services from August 8th 2020 under new Government Laws, and still applies from April 12th 2021 with the same exemptions… see more
- You will be greeted at the door and taken directly to your hair station, before being invited to use an antibacterial gel on your hands before the service begins.
- Your stylist will be wearing PPE so please don’t be alarmed. ….Latest Government guidance for hair salons are that this will include Visors and Type 11 facemasks.
- We have been advised not to serve coffees and refreshments at this time. We apologise for this, but you are welcome to bring your own. Disposable waste bins will be available at each station for you and your stylist to dispose of cups, gloves etc.
- We will be using disposable gowns and towels at this time.
- To ensure that we manage the time of your next appointment without the need for follow-up phone consultations , we ask you to be prepared to rebook your next appointment directly with your stylist before you leave. This will also ensure your time slot is booked and prioritised in your stylist’s calendar, avoiding unnecessary disappointment. In order to be fair to all our guests, regretfully we are unable to rebook further than 6 weeks in advance at this time.
- We are sorry but we won’t be able to offer Fringe Trims or Root Rages. We recommend you purchase home care treatments and products from us and thank you for shopping local. Please advise your Stylist so she can arrange to have these bagged up for you, as we must ask you not to browse from our retail shelves at this time and only pick up products you wish to purchase. Your Hair Professional or front desk team will be happy to advise.
- Children’s haircuts will be permissible from August 1st providing they have had their hair cut in a salon before and are happy to sit without parents close. Parents will be required to wait either outside, or in an area of the salon specifically designated. Children, like adults will need to wear a face mask and be comfortable having their hair cut without a parent present or additional stylist persuasion. If you believe your child will be frightened or refuse to co-operate with the stylist please reconsider making an appointment at this time. Difficult as this will be for us, if we are not able to finish the service without compromising safety protocols, payment will still be charged.
- If you have any concerns, or become unwell and are unable to keep your appointment, please contact us immediately and if possible with 48 hours’ notice to ensure your stylist and salon remain in business and sustainable.
- We apologize but at this time we can only accept guests that have an appointment in the salon. We appreciate that we have families that book and travel in together but due to limited space and the safety of other guests each stylist can only accept one guest into the salon at a time. This and other rules may be relaxed so please revisit our site before each appointment.
- Our bathroom facilities will be open and cleansed regularly….please follow simple guidance posted and make use of additional disinfectants provided before and after using.