Combers Appointment Policy
Important….please read before you attend your hair appointments over the coming months.
It is important to revisit our website before each appointment as this Policy will be constantly reviewed and subject to changes.
We will not put you, other guests or our team at unnecessary risk, so please read and comply with our simple guidelines of shared responsibility for your safety, so that your hair service can go ahead as scheduled. This Policy rule, like all, will be subject to review and change over these uncertain times and we thank you for your understanding and support.
- UPDATED on November 21 2020
- We are sorry, but if you are late for your appointment it is likely we will have to reschedule it. Any late arrivals will have a knock-on effect on the next client’s appointment and the number of guests in the salon.
- If you cannot get in early enough with your regular stylist and are unable to wait any longer, please ask for an alternative, or ask your stylist to recommend another stylist on this occasion. We assure you we are working together for your safety and would sooner see you in our salon and safe and satisfied by one of us than not.
- We will be unable to accommodate anyone in the salon who is not booked in for a service.
- We request that you do not arrive too early for your appointment. No more than 5 minutes beforehand, as we have to keep numbers in the salon at a minimum.
- Please do not bring any unnecessary baggage or clothing. As we cannot share magazines with you please feel free to bring your own, or iPad for your own use.
- You will be asked to wait outside the salon and wait to be escorted in……chairs will be available in the courtyard. We will ensure your wait will not be too long and find alternate arrangements if it is raining.
- It is also very important you tell us if you have applied any colour or touch up treatment to your hair, as this may have contra-indications and almost certainly add more time to your appointment.
- Failure to disclose preparations that you may have been forced to try over lockdown before attending may mean we have to defer part of your treatment to another appointment, as ‘time management’ will be critical when following post Covid-19 lockdown regulations.
- We respectfully request that all clients and visitors to the salon bring their own face mask or covering and wear before they enter the premises and throughout their hair service. If you are having a colour or technical service we suggest you wear a disposable one because of the close proximity to your hair it will be difficult for you to avoid getting it stained. This is now Compulsory for guests entering hair salons extended from retail to guests recieving hair and beauty services from August 8th under new Government Laws, with the same exemptions… see more
- You will be greeted at the door and taken directly to your hair station and not expected to go to reception.
- Your stylist will be wearing PPE so please don’t be alarmed. ….Latest Government guidence for hairsalons are that this will include Visors and not facemasks which will help us to appear more normal and still enable us to communicate
- You will be invited to use an antibacterial gel on your hands before the service begins…….if you would like a pair of disposable gloves please ask.
- We have been advised not to serve coffees and refreshments at this time. We apologise for this, but you are welcome to bring your own. Disposable waste bins will be available at each station for you and your stylist to dispose of cups, gloves etc.
- We will be using disposable gowns and towels at this time.
- To ensure that we manage the time of your next appointment without the need for follow-up phone consultations (which may incur a charge), we ask you to be prepared to rebook your next appointment directly with your stylist before you leave. This will also ensure your time slot is booked and prioritised in your stylist’s calendar, avoiding unnecessary disappointment. In order to be fair to all our guests, regretfully we are unable to rebook further than 6 weeks in advance at this time.
- We are sorry but we won’t be able to offer Fringe Trims, Root Rages. We recommend you purchase home care treatments and products. Please advise your Stylist in advance so she can arrange to have these bagged up for you, as we must ask you not to self-select from our retail shelves at this time.
- Children’s haircuts will be permissable from August 1st providing they have had their hair cut in a salon before and are happy to sit without parents close. Parents will be required to wait either outside or in an area of the salon specifically designated. Children, like adults will need to wear a face mask and be comfortable having their hair cut without a parent present or additional stylist persuasion. If you believe your child will be frightened or refuse to cooperate with the stylist please reconsider making an appointment at this time. Please understand, difficult as this will be for us, if we are not able to finish the service without compromising saftey protochols, payment will still be charged.
- If you have any concerns, or become unwell and are unable to keep your appointment, please contact us immediately and if possible with 48 hours’ notice to ensure your stylist and salon remain in business and sustainable.
- We apologize but at this time we can only accept guests that have an appointment in the salon. We appreciate that we have families that book and travel in together but due to limited space and the safety of other guests each stylist can only accept one guest into the salon at a time. This and other rules may be relaxed so please revisit our site before each appointment.
- Our bathroom facilities will be open and cleansed regularly….please follow simple guidance posted and make use of additional disinfectants provided before and after using.